Saturday, August 23, 2008

Being a single mom is HARD!

No, no, don't worry, Ker and I are doing fine. It was his cold/flu that turned us into a one-man show for a few days. It also happened to be the first week I went back to work to set up my classroom and also Tyler's start at childcare. So transitioning has been extra rough. By that, I meant for us, not for Tyler. First day of childcare, I cried, Tyler smiled, hahaha. He loves being at Wendy Ah Yee's place with his friend Ethan. Sometimes when I pick him up after he wakes up from his nap, he would still cling onto her. But yes, by Friday night, I was completely exhausted, nodding off soon after dinner! A big shout-out to all you single moms out there who do it all and still maintain your poise and sanity day in day out!

Here are some recent pictures and a video of the little guy...enjoy!

Enjoying my spa treatment

Hello there!

Grabbing my toes AND rolling over...do they have this event at the Olympics?

Going to childcare for the first time

I rolled over a few times while napping...

...and woke up facing the other end of my crib!

Mama put me to nap on my back, my head to the right...I woke up on my tummy and had turned 90 degrees to the left...and I even brought my pacifier with me!

Look what happened to my face after that long nap on my tummy! And yes people, I do CRY!



My new hobby: blowing bubbles and seeing how many bibs I can soak through in a day.

3 comments:

Mike said...

he just dropped his head at the end of the video.. i had to watch it a few times, it was just too funny! and i just can't wait to see him!!!

hope ker gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! Tyler is just too cute!! I went to pick Ethan up last Friday and was hoping to see you and Tyler there. But Wendy said you always pick him up early.

I cried on Ethan's first day to daycare too.... I can totally understand you!! Anyway, are you guys free for Friday dinner? I really miss talking to you. ^_^

Hope Kerwin gets better soon!!

Anonymous said...

My dear cousin, you haven't had any update lately? Can we please see some updated photos of baby Tyler? I miss him so much!